American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

February 05, 2023, 12:53:00 AM

Author Topic: so i finally bought fs22  (Read 819 times)

Offline Mutt (OP)

so i finally bought fs22
« on: December 19, 2021, 12:19:24 PM »
was in a walmart in salisaw ok yesterday and seen they had it and said oh yeah i need this, lol. so far  like it, other than for some reason all the updates are kicking my wifi for my trucks butt. guess i will have to download it when i get home.

so are there any good mods to download yet, or is it like every other release and most fo them are junk lol.

i definatly like the new fencing tool. that is what we needed for that mess

one question, why in the world hasnt giants made it so you can use a chain to pick up implements to set them on a trailer. shouldnt be that hard to do.

merry christmas y,all

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
Re: so i finally bought fs22
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

The following users thanked this post: MikeLowery, Mutt

Offline Mutt (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 05:50:37 PM »
that Jd is good i like it and i rarely ever go green lol

so after playing for a few days i will say i love the new fencing setup. i will be using alot of fences now lol. also kinda cool you have to pay to use the terrain tools. but will say it is a lot different than all the preivios ones.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 10:38:30 AM »
Okay ..

Could create a new topic, but this topic has the correct name - As I finally bought FS22 (platinum edition) and are trying to figure out, if this is a bad or a good thing .. So I'm hihacking it ...

I do like the (new ?) Graphics, but then again, my MSI RTX3070ti isn't struggling, like my old GTX980 did in FS17/19 .. Maybe these old games would have looked a bit better with new hardware ..  *facepalm*

FS19 was surely fighting back on my hardware - and wasn't supported as good as FS17, regarding mods (my opinion) - but it did had a lot of good mods too ..

Especially I miss the "Manure mod" - The one with hoses and so on ...

The "Pumps and hoses" mod (one has to buy) looks good - but is it the NEW Manure mod ? - anybody who has it ?

Can see most of the mods from FS19 is available in FS22 - GPS, ProSeed, and so on .. That's good ..

And seasons is a part of the Vanilla game now - or .. ?

Would like to hear from all of you - what is the good, and bad things - coming from FS17 (I really did love) - over FS19 (who did break my heart in the beginning) - to FS22, that could be my new best friend, or not ...

And what it is with all these US based maps ? .. Never seen so many before ... And why are so many of them so poorly made (sorry, but they really do not match many EU based maps in quality) .. They are BIG maps - but still many of them are either unfinished, or seems to be missing a lot in order to look finished ..

And a Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy NewYear ...

Regards : Tom Cat  :laugh:
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 01:19:37 PM »
I bought the season's pass before 22 came out and have to say I've been happy with it all. The Platinum DLC is in my opinion the best one ever but I'm much more into forestry than farming. I absolutely love the Platinum map and while I don't use much of the equipment other than the forwarder I have over 100 hours into the map. My son and I play Multiplayer a lot and we have 3 maps going. We have one on Elm Creek with approximately 30 hours in, Griffin, Indiana with around 20, and Silverrun Forest with 20 plus. I also have 2 Silverrun savegames, one with 40 plus hours and one I run as a multiple company multiplayer that I do by myself with less hours but I am more Industry focused on. The vanilla maps this time have been so much better than previous versions that I haven't spent much time off of them

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 02:58:09 PM »
I bought the season's pass before 22 came out and have to say I've been happy with it all. The Platinum DLC is in my opinion the best one ever but I'm much more into forestry than farming. I absolutely love the Platinum map and while I don't use much of the equipment other than the forwarder I have over 100 hours into the map. My son and I play Multiplayer a lot and we have 3 maps going. We have one on Elm Creek with approximately 30 hours in, Griffin, Indiana with around 20, and Silverrun Forest with 20 plus. I also have 2 Silverrun savegames, one with 40 plus hours and one I run as a multiple company multiplayer that I do by myself with less hours but I am more Industry focused on. The vanilla maps this time have been so much better than previous versions that I haven't spent much time off of them

You are so right - the build in maps are so much better this time - and so is the "farming" equipment .. I do a little timber work now and then - and it's often quite fun .. But I'm more of a farming type - fiddling with TMR and what to plant next ..

But how can it be, that US based maps are so poorly made ? - not trying to be mean, but really ..?

I know x4 or x16 maps (or bigger) are really a battle to make - but many of the US based maps has square fields (I guess that's like the real world) so it can't be the layout of the fields that consumes time ..

I must admit, I have never seen a US map that come even close to what German and British maps look like - why is that so ..?

The best US map made (look and feel) was the originally County Line - the towns and landscape so good made .. But the farms was soooo bad .. I really don't think american farmers is better to clean up the yard, than other farmers in the world ..
We need the US map modders to start looking at the the "feel effect "of the maps - make it look like somebody actually lives there (in the map) ..

Lancyboi has made quite a fine map (it's on modhub) but it's only a x1 map - not so good for multiplay - but he says he is working on a x4 version - hopefully he's gonna finish it, before next version of FS ..

I do think I've seen nearly all US based maps, made for FS22 ... Some are okay (one or two is fine, but small) and the rest is really, really .... Okay, won't say it - you all know what I mean ..

Really (REALLY) looking forward to the day, when a stunning US map is available - a map that really has it all - and hopefully a x4 or x16 ...

Tom Cat
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline wheatwhacker

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 10:51:40 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  Most of the US maps are to plain with no character.   The original county line is the best map I have ever played(have over 1500 hours on it)  Still find the urge to go back to 15 just to play on it some more.   I think everyone just rushes a map out to get it out there without adding life to it first.

The following users thanked this post: Tom Cat

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 05:40:03 PM »
AJFarmer's Griffin Indiana map is probably the best current map in my opinion for realistic feel. I was actually getting fuel there the morning of 911 when the plane hit the Pentagon. I'm fairly familiar with the area having hauled milk and later grain to and from farms in the area. A lot of the really big farms are actually done up fairly neatly with little to no trash and junk equipment being around them. I personally am more into the smaller farm, rolling terrain, some logging component farms as that is the way it is where I was raised in southern Missouri. For this Silverrun actually hits pretty close to home. The only real difference in Silverrun and where I live is tree species. I absolutely love this map. I actually liked Elm Creek, Really liked Griffin, Love Silverrun.

Offline wheatwhacker

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 08:03:58 PM »
Yes Griffin is a good map.  I was just starting to play on it some when Morris, Manitoba was released.  Its not the most detailed map but I like the big fields and open spaces but it doesn't quite have the character I would prefer.  I enjoy Green Valley, NE too but its not quite what I'm looking for either.  LOL Countyline spoiled me.

I agree Griffin, IN is a nice place.  I bought a little tractor down that way last year and picked it up about this time last January.  I have friends a little north and east from there.