American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

January 29, 2023, 02:39:30 AM

Author Topic: fs17 mod folder question  (Read 1611 times)

Offline prostkr (OP)

fs17 mod folder question
« on: September 01, 2021, 05:23:41 AM »
Just started playing again after a cpl year long break. I have apparently forgotten how to do some things.  When I pull a zip file out of my mods folder unzip and make my edits and zip it back up and return it to the mods folder it will not show in game. Where an I going wrong? Thanks in advance for any suggestion! (i searched and didn't have any luck)

Offline MikeLowery

Re: fs17 mod folder question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 05:51:12 PM »
Just started playing again after a cpl year long break. I have apparently forgotten how to do some things.  When I pull a zip file out of my mods folder unzip and make my edits and zip it back up and return it to the mods folder it will not show in game. Where an I going wrong? Thanks in advance for any suggestion! (i searched and didn't have any luck)

First of all what did you edit? Then I can tell you what to look for.

mike

Offline prostkr (OP)

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 04:21:24 AM »
 I am editing the capacity/speed and in some cases the time and speed of say how long it takes for a tipper to start and stop unloading. Nothing major just number edits, no code changes. Thanks Mike!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 01:33:53 PM »
I am editing the capacity/speed and in some cases the time and speed of say how long it takes for a tipper to start and stop unloading. Nothing major just number edits, no code changes. Thanks Mike!

As long as you don't need to open up a .i3d file in GE, but only fiddles with numbers or text in .xml files (and also pictures), you don't need to unzip the mod .. Just open the mod with winzip - open the .xml file inside the zipped file (or the picture) - edit what you want - save the edited file - close winzip, and say yes to updating the zip file ..

Tom Cat

PS: I'll be looking for a missing "end tag" .. (this one >) often those that are being deleted by accident - and then the mod is halted in the load process .. But you could always look in your log - it nearly always tells you if something is wrong ..
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 01:38:44 PM by Tom Cat »
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.