American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

January 29, 2023, 04:14:07 AM

Author Topic: Bourgault Air Drill  (Read 2210 times)

Offline wheatwhacker (OP)

Bourgault Air Drill
« on: March 16, 2021, 09:25:28 PM »
First off I don't know how many of you still do anything with FS15 but I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with.

I'm trying to use the air cart from the Bourgault flex drill on a different version of the Bourgault air drill the Bourgault X seeder.  I've spent hours trying to change things in the xml and in GE.   Everything looks basically the same between the flex drill and the x seeder.   So I don't know if I need to change something on the cart??  What I have tried has changed nothing.   The cart will hitch to a tractor with a high hitch and the flex drill.  The hitch on the back of the x seeder will allow any implement I've tried to hook to it but not the Bourgault air cart.  And like wise no implement I tried would hitch to the back of the flex drill except the cart.   Im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on this.  Or would be willing to give me a hand.   My modding skills are limited but Im trying to learn a little at a time.

Thanks in advance I hope someone still knows something about 15 as I know most have probably not played it in years.

WW

Offline AlbertL

Re: Bourgault Air Drill
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 02:08:33 PM »
I do not know the one you are using, where you got it.
However, have you tried to use this version?

NOTE: MOD Requires the More Realistic Mod install.

This should work, but I am certain there were a few updates after I linked it here for my MR_mod edits.
More Realistic Game Engine (Only) V1.2.1.24
http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=760

MR_Borgaultx5_fold
http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=900

Yes, this is one of mine..........
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:11:30 PM by AlbertL »
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 10:36:37 PM »
Thanks Albert but those are 13 I'm looking at 15.  I appreciate the help though.

WW

Post Merge: March 22, 2021, 10:55:55 PM
I'm trying to use the 6700 air cart from the flex drill found here.

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1209

I believe I found the other version on modhub.   Bourgault sowing fertilization system v1.0.  I'm trying to use the tool from that system with the 6700 cart found with the flex drill found here.  Right now I have a tow between cart but I would prefer to have the 6700 tow behind cart

I used your other version in 13 for many hours. ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:55:55 PM by wheatwhacker »

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 12:41:36 AM »
WOW!!!
I think I am losing what little mind I got left lol
I can find my 2013, and my friend's 2017 conversion.
But I can't seem to find my 2015 upload.....

The mods we all did back then had the cart behind the drills. The reason being, you can not properly see your seeder, I mean that cart blocks out over 45% of your seeder.
The only one that I recall did what you are asking for was the John Deere aircraft pack.

I have located a video, but I can not remember if it was ever released.....

I will keep trying, but this has got be brain farting....... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 09:44:11 PM »
That's exactly right Albert.   The same reason I hate pulling a tow between cart in real life as well.  lol 

I have a couple other Bourgault drills as well for 15 but I'm just fussy and want something that folds up a little different.   The one I'm using was made to go behind the Xerion saddle trac and Im just using a different tow between cart right now for a different version.  I didn't really think about it before but the drill may be a reskin of the big JD drill.   The cart is completely different though.   Its just strange that I can attach any implement from an NH3 tank to a cultivator behind it and it hooks fine but the 6700 cart won't.   The complete opposite behind the flex drill found here.  The 6700 cart hooks up but I have not been able to hook a different implement or NH3 tank behind it.    Im thinking its something simple that Im just missing. 

The following users thanked this post: AlbertL

Offline JDboy

• Meme King Jiggle Johnny
  • Administrator
  • AEM Secretary
    • Country GOLD 93
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 01:07:57 AM »
I don't know if you've done this already since it could be a simple fix, but check to make sure the attachers are the same type. This should be found  in the mod xml in the section titled <inputAttacherJoints>. The joint type on both need to match or it will not recognize the two as being compatible. It may also be the joint is placed too high in the i3D to the point where the game will not recognize it as being within reach. The joint not being placed right is rather unlikely, but something to consider if the joint type is not the problem. Also, attacher height in the above mentioned <inputAttacherJoints> may need adjusted. Again, unlikely but something to glance at just in case.

If those don't fix the issue, then (without seeing what you're seeing) my knowledge on the subject has run out, what little there was to begin with. ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 10:19:54 PM »
I did look at that first because I have changed that before to make things work.

This is the attacher from the 6700 air cart

-<inputAttacherJoints>
<inputAttacherJoint index="2>1" jointType="trailerLow" rootNode="2>"/>
</inputAttacherJoints>
<attacherJoint index="2>0|0" jointType="trailer" rootNode="2>"/>
<attacherJoint index="2>0|0" jointType="trailerLow" rootNode="2>"/>

-<attacherJoints>
<attacherJoint index="0>6" jointType="trailerLow" maxTransLimit="0 0 0" maxRotLimit="10 50 50" allowsLowering="false" allowsJointLimitMovement="false"/>
<attacherJoint index="0>6" jointType="trailer" maxTransLimit="0 0 0" maxRotLimit="10 50 50" allowsLowering="false" allowsJointLimitMovement="false"/>
</attacherJoints>

The attacher xml off the bourgault drill.

<!--   <attacherJoint index="1>0" jointType="trailer" rootNode="1>"/> -->
<attacherJoint index="1>0" rootNode="1>" jointType="trailerLow"/>

-<attacherJoints>
<attacherJoint index="0>34" jointType="trailerLow" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" minRotRotationOffset="0" maxRotLimit="10 50 50"/>
<attacherJoint index="0>32" jointType="implement" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="false"/>
</attacherJoints>

Don't know if that will help but.   When I go into GE it shows everything is trailer low for the attacher.  I just don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to this but I'm pretty good at screwing things up without much effort.   ;D