American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

January 29, 2023, 03:59:45 AM

Author Topic: Connecting hoses  (Read 1293 times)

Offline MikeLowery (OP)

Connecting hoses
« on: March 10, 2021, 08:13:22 PM »
I need some help with connecting hoses using Giants scripts. Do anyone know how or know where a tutorial is located to make them connect? To make this clear these are the same hoses that are use on in game equipment to connect to a front dry fertilizer tank, that connects to a planter that run along the right side of the tractor.

Offline alfalfa6945

Re: Connecting hoses
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »
While I don't know of any "tutorial" for connectionHoses/Pipes that you're wanting to work on, it also isn't rocket science if you kind of pay attention to how existing vehicles/implements are using what you describe.

Have a close look at something like the Kuhn BTF4000 (seeder) and the Kuhn TF1500 (front hopper), peruse the xml's for each, paying attention to the <connectionHoses> sections. The information from something like "TOOL_CONNECTOR_TOP_RIGHT" is stored in *\shared\connectionHoses\connectionHoses.xml. From there, you can look at a tractor (with front 3 point hitch) and see how it has the addons for the pipe. In the tractor xml, pay attention to the <connectionHoses> <toolConnectorHose> sections to see how the fits/follows the rail front to back. When in GE, pay attention to the various *_frontConnector/*_backConnector transformGroups (markers) and their specific x/y/z's and rotations. You should begin to grasp the concept, albeit time consuming ;)

The following users thanked this post: MikeLowery

Offline MikeLowery (OP)

Re: Connecting hoses
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 01:54:04 PM »
While I don't know of any "tutorial" for connectionHoses/Pipes that you're wanting to work on, it also isn't rocket science if you kind of pay attention to how existing vehicles/implements are using what you describe.

Have a close look at something like the Kuhn BTF4000 (seeder) and the Kuhn TF1500 (front hopper), peruse the xml's for each, paying attention to the <connectionHoses> sections. The information from something like "TOOL_CONNECTOR_TOP_RIGHT" is stored in *\shared\connectionHoses\connectionHoses.xml. From there, you can look at a tractor (with front 3 point hitch) and see how it has the addons for the pipe. In the tractor xml, pay attention to the <connectionHoses> <toolConnectorHose> sections to see how the fits/follows the rail front to back. When in GE, pay attention to the various *_frontConnector/*_backConnector transformGroups (markers) and their specific x/y/z's and rotations. You should begin to grasp the concept, albeit time consuming ;)

Yes i was trying to get it to connect from some front tanks to a planter and it is not work for me.. But i can make small hoses show up all day. I have to look at the xml a little closer maybe i am missing something.