American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

January 29, 2023, 04:11:25 AM

Author Topic: Error message  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Ag Hauler (OP)

Error message
« on: August 22, 2020, 05:27:33 PM »
Does anyone know what causes this error. It's the only one I'm getting but there are several pages of it.

2020-08-19 20:32 Error: failed to load i3d file 'C:/Users/Timothy/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Dairyland_Map/data/firstPerson/chainsaws/chainsawRingSelector.i3d'

Offline MikeLowery

Re: Error message
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 11:11:18 PM »
Does anyone know what causes this error. It's the only one I'm getting but there are several pages of it.

2020-08-19 20:32 Error: failed to load i3d file 'C:/Users/Timothy/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Dairyland_Map/data/firstPerson/chainsaws/chainsawRingSelector.i3d'

did you try to open a new game? To see if it will start. seem like a chain saw is causing a problem or a mod conflict with the chainsaw.

Offline Ag Hauler (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 10:59:11 AM »
The game opens and runs fine. It just shows up this error on the Dairyland map.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 12:54:59 PM »
This error is also a FS17 thing ..

Never found out which mod is causing the conflict - but it is a conflict .. It's not the chainsaw (assuming it's the standard chainsaw) so it's one of your mods ..

In FS17 I'm suspecting the "Seasons mod" field App to be the culprit - (you know the one you can open by using the mid-mouse-button to open by scrolling)

It doesn't make any harm - except from filling your log with warning text, and perhaps slowing down your game a bit when using the chainsaw ..

Now it's FS19 we are talking about - so I could be wrong (or wrong in any other way) - but it's a suggestion, to try and solve your problem ..

Tom Cat ..
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

The following users thanked this post: MikeLowery

Offline Ag Hauler (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »
I was just going through my log trying to keep things as error free as possible. I don't have but a couple errors but I have several pages of this one. Nothing seems to be amiss though and it's not lagging.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 12:30:52 PM »
Yes ..

Nothing is missing - and the chainsaw do work .. What I do believe is happening is, that a mod in your mods folder is conflicting with the chainsaw .. can't tell you which one (I would if I could) but probably a mod with a homemade script (that is poorly made) or just a poorly made mod (we all have one or two of these bad mods, but aren't aware of it until we use the mod, and have a look at the log..)

The way of finding the poor mod is well known, but feared ..

Remove ALL your mods (put them in a new made folder) and start the game with ONLY the modded map, and or mods you that you need to run the map (if the map requires additional mods)

If there is no warnings/errors in the log, proceed by adding mods one at a time - or as I'm doing it, 5 mods at a time .. Then run the game, and go check the log .. If nothings wrong, ad one (or five, as I'm doing) until the log shows error/warnings .. Then you found the mod (at once if you ad only one at a time) - or it's between the 5 latest (if you add five)

There is a catch (there is always a catch) it is possible that it could be a combination of several mods, that are causing the log to scream at you - but this is often only seen if it's two mods that conflict - if it's a vehicle/tool from the vanilla game, then it's often only a single mod that's doing the damage ..

And then remember the general rules for having a good clean game - only have mods in your mods folder, you are planning to use .. Only ONE map in the mods folder at a time .. And finally - always test new mods, by running the game with the new mod you obtained - go buy the mod in game, and check the log ..

Happy hunting

Been there, done that, several times

Tom Cat
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.