Forum > Google Sketchup

Sketchup to Blender help!

(1/2) > >>

wstarcummins:
New modder so could very possibly be doing something wrong  *facepalm* But anyways. Have a truck is Sketchup Im trying to get into Blender. I export the SKP file into a .Dae file. When I import it into Blender all that shows up is a few dots and lines. I THINK it may be there but so small its useless. Ive increased the size in Sketchup and still nothing. I watched some tutorials and the importing is a bit different in the vids. When the tutorials clicked on import in Blender a big import screen came up. Mine just has a drop down, click on the .DAE file and the files come up  :-\ Just trying to learn here. lol

Ps, hope this is in the right place, and thanks in advance!

-Sean

JohnDeere1952:

--- Quote from: wstarcummins on January 03, 2015, 01:34:54 AM ---New modder so could very possibly be doing something wrong  *facepalm* But anyways. Have a truck is Sketchup Im trying to get into Blender. I export the SKP file into a .Dae file. When I import it into Blender all that shows up is a few dots and lines. I THINK it may be there but so small its useless. Ive increased the size in Sketchup and still nothing. I watched some tutorials and the importing is a bit different in the vids. When the tutorials clicked on import in Blender a big import screen came up. Mine just has a drop down, click on the .DAE file and the files come up  :-\ Just trying to learn here. lol

Ps, hope this is in the right place, and thanks in advance!

-Sean

--- End quote ---
Try this link and see if there is anything useful. http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?board=17.0

tmzdesign:
I can help you. what versions of blender and sketchup are you using? I will assume you have the make version of sketchup. the best way to export is .obj but that is only for the pro version. try using the google earth file format .kmz then extract the .kmz using a unzipping program (i use 7z) then use the .dae importer to import into blender

the reason you are having problems is your faces aren't triangulated sketchup is allows square faces (4 or more edges)  blender doesn't (3 edge max)
i may change my instructions based on what versions you have   

wstarcummins:
I believe it is Sketchup 8 and the newest version of Blender. I did also install the Python plugin witch I forgot to mention.

JohnD7810:
here is a link to tutorial on how to move sketchup models to blender and then to giants

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=kb;area=article;cont=29

if you have any questions let me know

if your doing it for FS15 ill have to make another tutorial for ya

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version