Forum > Modding Help

Changing from a weeder to a mulcher.

(1/2) > >>

wheatwhacker:
Ok I would like to change the Bourgault XR770 harrow from a weeder to a mulcher.   Is it just as simple as comparing the xml files of it to the xml files of a mulcher and changing the weeder parts to what the mulcher parts say?  Or is there more to it than that?  Any help would be appreciated.

wheatwhacker:
I finally had time tonight to sit down and play with the xml files.  I changed everything from a weeder to a mulcher in the xml file comparing it to another mulcher.  Then I copied every file from the weeder file to the new mulcher file(that way it would keep the original weeder mod as well) and then added the new mulcher xml file with the changes from weeder to mulcher in it.   It will not open up in the shop and after consulting the log it says it cannot open the xml I created.   So I then added a mulcher to the moddesc xml since it is a pack like the air drill and weeder has except for the mulcher and still nothing in game and same message in log saying it cannot open that xml.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnDeere1952:

--- Quote from: wheatwhacker on March 21, 2022, 12:12:27 AM ---I finally had time tonight to sit down and play with the xml files.  I changed everything from a weeder to a mulcher in the xml file comparing it to another mulcher.  Then I copied every file from the weeder file to the new mulcher file(that way it would keep the original weeder mod as well) and then added the new mulcher xml file with the changes from weeder to mulcher in it.   It will not open up in the shop and after consulting the log it says it cannot open the xml I created.   So I then added a mulcher to the moddesc xml since it is a pack like the air drill and weeder has except for the mulcher and still nothing in game and same message in log saying it cannot open that xml.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---
Can you post your xml files to be checked for errors?

wheatwhacker:
The xr770 is the original and the xr770 mulcher is the one I modified.

Post Merge: March 21, 2022, 08:58:14 PMOk since Giants released their version today in the weeder version I decided to try changing that one and viola got it right away.  Not sure what I was doing wrong on the other one unless it had something to do with it being in a pack and I was missing changing something else in the pack to get it to work right.

JohnDeere1952:
 Glad u got it working, Sometimes Giants updates can mean a difference in how mods work. I see they had another patch recently. Whatever the problem it does not appear to be in the xml's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version