Forum > Modding Help

Newbie need help with dumb question

(1/1)

Swilley86:
So Im trying to mod and existing seeder mod to make it plant a wider distance, I change the values in giants editor and the planter works for the working width, the problem is I exported parts of the seeder and then imported them to giants editor and repositioned them accordingly, but when I export the mod and all the files from giants editor into the mod folder and also updated the xml file for the new i3d file but when i load the mod in game the new imported section are not visible in game but are visible in giants editor... not sure if im doing something wrong or im just dumb and should give up on modding

AlbertL:
I have not watched this in awhile, but If I recall right, it covers both importing and exporting mod parts.
It will cover xml indexing, proper placement within the mod itself. Ether as a child or child's child.

I do not think it covers multiple components though, but should solve your issue.

Swilley86:
the video was very helpful but i think my problem is like he said in the end of the video is its in the map but he doesnt touch on how to bring it out of the map

AlbertL:

--- Quote from: Swilley86 on May 28, 2021, 06:01:01 PM ---the video was very helpful but i think my problem is like he said in the end of the video is its in the map but he doesnt touch on how to bring it out of the map

--- End quote ---

I put these together awhile ago.
Worth the time if you have the time to became a "Mod building addict...... LOL

Trust me. I have not been very active for the last few years.
There is a reason I earned the tittle Screaming Eagle......

Myself, nor is ANYONE at
American Eagles Modding can held responsible for any consequences of watching these tutorials.....

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrKv36aPxe77GLFoeX9klmMhh1n0eGssn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version