Forum > Modding Help

failed to open xml file

(1/2) > >>

Swilley86:
Ive been getting this error when adding a new crop to a map

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_fillTypes.xml'. Error:

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_fruitTypes.xml

Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml'

ERROR: i3d file maps/particleSystems/particle_materialHolder.i3d not found

Post Merge: February 28, 2021, 03:44:30 PMAlso giants editor opens the map.i3d file just fine but when you zip the file to put the mod into fs19 mods folder then try to open the map.i3d file with giants editor it just crashes instantly

johndeere 4255:
This is going to sound stupid, but first thing first, have you made sure that the files mentioned in those errors are actually there in your files, and that the file paths are point to correct files? As far as Giants crashing are you trying to open the i3d in the zipped folder? That would cause the game to instantly crash, it has to be unzipped to open i believe. What crop are you trying to add? Does the map your editing only have the base crops, with the exception of whatever you're adding?

Swilley86:
Yeah I have I have checked it over and over again to make sure that those files are there not sure why its not loading it...
also thanks for the info on the giants editor i feel stupid now lmao
Post Merge: March 01, 2021, 02:06:48 PMThe map reads all the base fruitTypes I am trying to add Alfalfa by exporting some file commands from other maps that have alfalfa already on them. Ive also updated the fruit_Types file and fill_Types file to only read alfalfa by deleting all other fruit and crops in those  xml files.

Also since I have updated this all crops open perfectly when opening the map.i3d file in giants editor the new alfalfa crop works great with all growth states but for some reason now all the outlined grass areas along the fields and roads are now changed to wheat 

johndeere 4255:
I feel dumb for being an admin and not knowing much about this issue, I haven't messed seriously with maps since fs15 LOL....Now does your giants editor console throw the same errors as it does ingame? It sounds like something very basic, a number or something off, of course tracking things down like this can be the absolute worst!

farmerboy69:

--- Quote from: Swilley86 on February 28, 2021, 02:52:17 PM ---Ive been getting this error when adding a new crop to a map

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_fillTypes.xml'. Error:

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_fruitTypes.xml

Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml'

ERROR: i3d file maps/particleSystems/particle_materialHolder.i3d not found

Post Merge: February 28, 2021, 03:44:30 PMAlso giants editor opens the map.i3d file just fine but when you zip the file to put the mod into fs19 mods folder then try to open the map.i3d file with giants editor it just crashes instantly

--- End quote ---

dose the map have them xml in there if not thats where your problem is
2 do you have the lines right in the main xml for it to work
3 what are you trying to add to the map?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version