Forum > Farming Simulator

fs17.lt is it for real?? no not really

(1/2) > >>

phoenix:
hello to you:

just a thought, I came across this web site fs17.lt. it seems ok they have tractors I have not heard of. iam thinking oh boy another site to download stuff for my game. but after click on the title of the content  it said for me to download something into by browser. but I did not close that  and close down the site. another fake news site ( oops fake  web site) . just like modhoster  site my security system says its a fake web site and full of malware and  other viruses. so I stop going to that place also. 

phoenix

caseman83:
yeah that site is fake & full of virus's/spy & malware  don't ever download/open anything that says download into your browser, modhoster site is the same way,  use sites like modhub.us  & this site,  another site my security software says in bad is fsamc which is bad as I seen cool mods from that site doing google image searches.

AlbertL:

--- Quote from: phoenix on February 10, 2019, 03:10:16 PM ---hello to you:

just a thought, I came across this web site fs17.lt. it seems ok they have tractors I have not heard of. iam thinking oh boy another site to download stuff for my game. but after click on the title of the content  it said for me to download something into by browser. but I did not close that  and close down the site. another fake news site ( oops fake  web site) . just like modhoster  site my security system says its a fake web site and full of malware and  other viruses. so I stop going to that place also. 

phoenix

--- End quote ---

If you run a good anti,malware virus protection, as well as aq good cleaning program to run, as well as a virtual VPN,,,,,
Then your fine... I download from all over the world, but then no one ever claimed that I was anything close to sane.

JohnDeere1952:

--- Quote from: caseman83 on February 10, 2019, 03:28:17 PM ---yeah that site is fake & full of virus's/spy & malware  don't ever download/open anything that says download into your browser, modhoster site is the same way,  use sites like modhub.us  & this site,  another site my security software says in bad is fsamc which is bad as I seen cool mods from that site doing google image searches.

--- End quote ---
Actually I have got malicious links and corrupted files modhub.us. You just have to be careful wherever you go for mods. American Eagles  ,FS_UK and Giants mod hub are the safest in my opinion. In addition mod hub US has  quite a few unauthorized mods. Just my 2 cents worth.

Tom Cat:
Hmm ..

We can start a club for people who download mods from "not safe" sites then .. I really don't think that there is a free mod hosting site I haven't downloaded from..
Of course you get spam and all sorts of unwanted malware from these sites (they make money that way) ..

The only way to get to the good stuff from these sites, is to have a good antivirus program (running Norton for many years now - is a bit expensive, but worth every penny..)

And just to be "better safe than sorry", I am also using CCleaner (CrapCleaner) to scan and remove all this unwanted stuff (Cookies) every day before shutting my computer down ..

And no, FS17.it isn't the worst I've seen .. The worst (that I'm not gonna mention) was a site that never gave you anything else than a .exe file (a worm or something like that, I guess).. Never downloaded anything from them, as mods always is .zip files (or .rar now and then) .. Or should I say, I wouldn't download a mod that isn't in .zip(or .rar) format .. Years back you could actually download .exe files as mods, that did install themselves in the correct folder, but hasn't seen those for FS17 ..

Yes, Giants Modhub, FS-UK and this site here, is all very safe - but does not always have what you need ..

Modhoster is kind of a bit of both .. If the mod you want is hosted by their server (Modhoster Logo on the download button) then it's safe - if the mod is hostet by Uploaded then it's safe, but takes forever to download .. Any other host sites they redirect you to, is as bad as all the other unsafe sites ..

But actually I've found a German site that host all the mods they have on their own server (or rented maybe) .. Anyway, this means that all mods they have can be downloaded directly from them, without any spam or malware (just a bunch of commercials running over the page) .. They have a huge amount of mods, and I'm assuming they don't have permission to share these mods .. So can't really give you the link, unless Admin (or Moderator) say it's okay ..

Tom Cat ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version